Friday, July 13, 2007

The Silver Surfer

This Silver Surfer cartoon is so cool. I enjoy it as an adult and I would have peed my pants over it back when when I was a comic book fanatic eleven year old. Back then, in the 1970's, I'd be lucky to get a brief glimpse of the Surfer maybe once a year in the pages of comic books. He was the most exciting of the marvel characters--I longed for all things cosmic! Now-- in this future I call my adulthood--the things I longed for as a boy are freely available. Silver Surfer cartoons, available whenever I want them. Endless reprints of the Kirby/Lee classics, all at my local library and bookstore. Quality live action movies about my favorite heroes. It's all so easy now. All 13 episodes of this great cartoon are up on Utube. Hopefully they'll come out on DVD some day. What I've posted here is part 1 of episode 1--if you like this you need to find part 2 of episode one--and, in fact, the origin story goes on for the first three episodes. From there the Surfer continues on from one wacky cosmic adventure to another throughout the 13 episodes...

No comments: