Thursday, May 10, 2007

Spiderman 3: Huge Disappointment

Spiderman 3 is a terrible movie. And I don't think I had particularly high expectations. I just wanted some cool superhero action sequences, some fun pulpy characters, and a breezy style. But watching this movie I was constantly insulted by the total lack of internal consistency, the lameness of the characters and the dullness of the action sequences. I'm completely puzzled by all the positive or even half positive reviews I've been seeing. I rarely felt entertained at all while sitting through this flick--most of the time I felt irritated.

I really don't think I'm a picky moviegoer. I was entertained by Ghost Rider. I even enjoyed a good portion of The Last Mimsy. I understood that I was not watching great movies--but I was able to have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What alternate universe version of Spiderman 3 did you see! There were loads of fun characters and a virtual web of plots. There were more fantastic action sequences than you'll find in any other superhero movie.

DJK said...

There didn't seem to be any plot at all--just a lot of elements thrown into the script. It seemed the writers (and director) hoped that these elements would come together into a plot. But they didn't.